How to Use Condoms
- Make sure your condom has the British Standard Kitemark (this means the condom has been safety tested) or the CE European standard mark (meaning the factory has been tested).
- Check the expiry date of the condom.
- Open the package carefully (don’t use your teeth!)
- Make sure the tip is pointing up and the ring is on the outside.
- Pinch the tip and keep it pinched as you place the condom on the erect penis or sex toy.
- Place the condom on an erect penis or sex toy and roll it as far down as it will go.
- The condom should be removed before the penis has totally lost the erection otherwise the contents may spill out.
- When finished, hold on to the bottom of the condom when withdrawing the penis, this stops the condom slipping off.
- Make sure no semen spills out by tying a knot in the condom. Put it in a bin, not the toilet.
- If you have sex again, use a new condom.